Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Embroidery~En Francais

I've noticed recently all the excitement out there in blogland of the embroidery designs coming out of Japan. But have you seen THESE? I picked these two books up from this Etsy shop. Yes, the books are in French (those 4 years of high school French are finally paying off~thank you, Madamoiselle Niles), but the instructions are straight forward and user friendly. All the thread colors are numbered for DMC~I prefer Cosmo Floss so I'll have to convert the numbers, but that's easy peasy. French designs, Japanese Floss~tres internationale. I thought I'd share a design or two. . .aren't they sweet?
I love this little fawn with the polka dot tree. . .How cute would this be embroidered on a kitchen towel. . .
And we could all use this one for inspiration in our sewing space. . . Je t'aime!

1 comment:

  1. I do love that polka dot tree! What cute designs! These would be so fun to work on. Great find, Dorrie!

    ReplyDelete