Wonky Pinwheels

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I've finished this little mini quilt for my partner of Round 3 for the DS Mini Quilt Swap. I was a bit hesitant at first with the color palette, but now that it's done and has some Kona Raisin as its binding, I'm liking it! It's on its way to Florida and should be to its recipient tomorrow! Exciting!
All print fabrics for the quilt top and back are from Denyse Schmidt, a composite which include pieces from Hope Valley; Picnics and Fairgrounds; and Sugar Creek. The gray background is Manatee by Free Spirit. The project finishes as an 18" square.
In putting this together, I once again took to InDesign to create a paper pieced template. It's available here if you'd like to give it a try! The download includes four different variations of the pinwheel block~lending itself to the overall wonky design. To construct the project as shown, you'll need 36 blocks total~or  eight sheets of the printed template. Important to remember, the #1 Placement for all four templates needs to be your background fabric. You'll construct the quilt top in six rows of six blocks each. . . easy peasy! This pattern would show well as a pillow too. . .hmmmm maybe that should be next. . .

5 comments:

  1. The pink and gray is a fabulous combination. Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I love it. I am inspired to make some more minis... just for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorrie, this is AMAZING! I love everything you stitch, but this is so much fun! Your swap partner is one lucky quilter!

    Hope today is a good one for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can attest (since I'm the lucky swap partner!) that this mini is beautiful in person. Thanks again Dorrie! I'm going to give the pattern a try as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for viewing and commenting on my Lily Asbury quilt on Flickr! Your bread crumb trail led me to your blog and I'm so happy to have found it! Lots to look at and learn from!

    Best,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs